Welcome to the Blog

Hi, I'm Thomas and I'm about to enter my second year at the University of St Andrews. I study in the School of Physics and Astronomy for a MPhys degree in Astrophysics. For the last year I've lived in University Hall where I'm going to be returning this year.

In this blog I'm going to try and offer my experiences and advice for all incoming students to the university and tell you a bit about my experiences at the university and in the town of St Andrews. I'll try to keep the updates regular and if you have any questions feel free to comment below and I'll try and give the best answers I can in the next post.

With that out of the way I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm from a small town called Bonnybridge, near Falkirk in Central Scotland. I started in St Andrews in September 2018 entering into first year (not direct entry) of the MPhys Astrophysics course. I came to the uni knowing only one person who'd come from the same school as me but I didn't know him that well and despite the town's small size I've not seen him in months, so for all intents and purposes I came into the uni alone. I came from a fairly low achieving school (not even in the top 200 in Scotland) but despite this I don't think I've been disadvantaged by that.

Next time I'll talk a little about University Accommodation and my experiences of it. If you have any questions about it I'll try and answer as best I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Study Spaces

Where am I staying? What's it like? | Accommodation Introduction

John Burnet Hall | Accommodation Overview